After closing our doors in March, we are raring to get open again despite life having changed quite considerably in the past few months! Customer and staff safety is our biggest priority, and we are working hard to comply with extensive Government guidance.
We politely request that you read the below tweaks which will form the basis of the ‘new normal’ for the pub. We believe a joint effort between you and us will allow us to get back to the fun times we’re used to whilst keeping everyone safe.
Listed is the important information for all customers prior to and during your visit;
- If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19, we politely ask you not to visit the pub. Similarly, our staff will be reporting daily to management about how they are feeling and will not be working if they aren’t 100%.
- Hand sanitiser will be installed as you enter the pub and we ask all customers to use this when entering and exiting.
- Our capacity will be significantly reduced due to table service only as per the Government requirement. We will be operating a pre-booking only system. We strongly recommend booking early to secure your desired time slot. Information on how to book can be found here on our website. Please be aware of the duration you have booked and be respectful of staff requesting the table back at the end of your booking time.
- Deacons App will be available to download and we strongly recommend customers to use this to order drinks to the table. Priority will be given to all App orders. If you cannot use the App, table service will be given and contactless payment will be required. There will be no cash accepted until further notice.
- Government guidance asks us to hold data of customers who have entered the pub to support the track and trace initiative. Therefore, data of the lead booker will be held securely and will adhere to all GDPR regulations.
- We have temporarily paused our Sky Sports subscription. This is due to a financial necessity after 3 months of no trade.
- Smoking will only be permitted outside in the back courtyard with two persons at a time.
- We will do our best to stock a full range of products as usual. However, due to capped customer numbers and increased brewery demand this may not always be possible.
- Loyalty cards will be temporarily suspended. Customers will not gain new stamps, nor be able to redeem completed cards until further notice.
- The jukebox will be working but the music volume will be capped in line with Government guidance.
- Toilets will operate on a 'one in, one out' system.
- Some of our staff will use face masks and other PPE so please respect their decisions.
- Lastly, there will be zero tolerance to non-adherence of these rules. The guidelines have not been decided by us and we are doing our best to work with them for your safety.
We really can't wait to welcome you all back and enjoy our year as CAMRA Pub of the Year 2020.
Thank you in advance for all of your support, and see you soon.
Dave, Aimee, Kev and the Team.